At the Malice Domestic Gala on April 29th, we were thrilled to hear that our Canadian Guest of Honour, Louise Penny, was announced as the winner of the Agatha Award for Best Contemporary Novel, for A Great Reconning, her latest Inspector Gamache novel.
She was also named as the Guest of Honour for Malice Domestic 2018!
And here are the other winners, most of whom are registered for Bouchercon 2017!!
- Best Children’s/YA: The Secret of the Puzzle Box: The Code Busters Club by Penny Warner
- Best Short Story: Parallel Play by Art Taylor
- Best Nonfiction: Mastering Suspense, Structure, and Plot: How to Write Gripping Stories That Keep Readers on the Edge of their Seats by Jane Cleland
- Best First Novel: The Semester of Our Discontent by Cynthia Kuhn
- Best Historical Novel: The Reek of Red Herrings by Catriona McPherson