Bouchercon 2017 Charity Auctions
In the grand Bouchercon tradition, we’ll be holding a Silent Auction and a Noisy Auction at Bouchercon 2017 in Toronto.
- Noisy Auction: check out a sample of the many fabulous items that will be up for bid.
- Silent Auction goodies are rife with Themed Gift Bags/Baskets… Authors getting creative with what “Scottish Mystery” means, or “The Five-Ingredient” Mystery…
Each year the Bouchercon Committee chooses a literacy-related charity to receive the proceeds from the live and silent auctions. This year, the Committee has chosen Frontier College.
Frontier College is a longstanding cross-Canada literacy organization supporting people across Canada as they work to increase their literacy skills. The people at Frontier College will be joining us at the event to help cash out with Credit Cards, Debit cards, PayPal, Cheques and even Cash!
Auction Times & Auctioneers
- The Silent Auction will run from Thursday, October 12th until 3:00 p.m. Saturday, October 14th.
- The Noisy Auction will be held Friday, October 13th from 7:30-9:30PM
Soliciting Auction Items
We hope you’ll consider supporting our charity with an auction donation, such as:
- A social event with an author – breakfast, lunch or drinks
- A Character name in an upcoming book
- Themed basket
- Collection of books
- Movie Tie-in
- Art or craft item
- Anything else you think a lucky reader would love to bid for
Use your imagination!
Remember, many bidders will have to think about what they can carry home by air, so keep this in mind when creating your donation.
Bringing your Donation
Due to customs and duty logistics of receiving items sent to Canada, and even the challenge of receiving and storing donations in advance, please bear in mind you’ll need to bring it with you when you come, rather than shipping or mailing it to us.
Notifying us/Contacting Us
To notify us of your proposed donation, here are the steps:
- Download and fill out the Auction Donation Form [PDF] .
- Save the completed form to your computer. (Take note of where on your computer you saved the document as you will need to go there in the next step.)
- Use the submission form below to attach and email the completed form to our Volunteer in Charge of Auctions aka Susan Daly, Auction Committee Chair.
Feel free to contact her with any questions you may have!